Children of the World Foundation
(COW F) is a child focused charity organization founded in 2004 and established in 2006. The National Board and the Kitgum NGO Forum dully registered the organization under Reg.No.s.5914/6450 and Reg.No.KINFO/133/’06 respectively.
The plight of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and youth in
war ravaged northern Uganda has caused a number of effects on the
population, especially young people who are facing challenges such as
nutritional deficiencies and HIV/AIDS. Thus the organization emerged from
the realization that these needs had to be urgently met.
The overall goal is to offer support and care that will improve the quality of life of OVC infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and/or trauma which includes all forms of child abuse and civil strive.
A world where children can grow and develop their full potential.
To create and promote an enabling environment in which OVC are adequately protected, cared for and supported holistically.
Compassion - for the less
Accountability - for program activities and funds
Respect - for all members
Equal Opportunity – for all individuals
- To offer support and care to improve the quality of life of OVC
- To promote rights of OVC through a gender holistic approach geared in accordance with the UN Convention
- To promote the capacity of orphaned families and to increase household incomes through income generating activities (IGAs)
- To encourage education of OVC through promotion of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) along side the Ugandan Educational System
- To promote the health of OVC by raising awareness of the HIV/AIDS scourge among the OVC and to reduce the prevalence and impacts