Livelihoods programme goal is to contribute to poverty
reduction through increasing employment opportunities, entrepreneurship skills,
vocational skills and income generating capacity of the disadvantaged.
The livelihoods programme works to improve market development –access, information, marketing, business development services and other enterprise support services for the disadvantaged.
The programme empowers
saving groups at communities liaise with micro finance institutions for network
building and linking of partners in enterprise development support services.
The programme also supports advocacy work on reforms on improvement of laws and
policies in the enterprise sector in Uganda.
the fight against poverty, through the sustainable
livelihood programme, COW Foundation aims to have:
- Increased number youth, women and people infected with HIV/AIDS and persons with disabilities accessing saving groups, liaise with micro finance services.
- Improved capacities for the poor especially women, the youth and persons with disabilities and those affected by HIV/AIDS in enterprise selection and management.
- Community groups and beneficiaries have capacities to engage and contribute directly to increase their households’ income, recommend appropriate policies and regulations that affect the participation of the disadvantaged in the formal sector.
- Enhanced capacity and knowledge of community groups and beneficiaries on access markets, market research and value chain, and
- Initiatives focusing on the environmental management and effect of climate change established.